About the Google Pixel Buds White (2nd Generation) True wireless
Wearable tech for the Android™ crowd
For us longtime Android users, this is refreshing to see. The latest Google Pixel Buds tap into some of our phones' coolest, most helpful features. Sure these true wireless headphones can play music and make clear calls from most newer phones via Bluetooth®, including iPhones®. But they are truly noteworthy for Google's built-in technology — and how seamlessly it works with Android phones.
Call up Google Assistant voice control by pressing or holding either earbud — or simply by saying "Hey Google." After a one-time setup through a device running Android 6.0 or above, the Google Assistant will recognize your command. Then you can follow it up with a request through the powerful, voice-detecting microphone array inside the Pixel Buds.
Get directions, real-time language translations, and much more
The Google Assistant lets you control music, send text messages, and search the web with your voice. But it's also the key to other Google apps that can feed crucial information right to your ears. For example, Google maps can give you step-by-step walking directions to and from a destination.
And Google Translate uses the Pixel Buds' built-in mics to pick up what others are saying, and can then deliver live translations for around 40 languages. I have a forthcoming interview over Zoom video conference with some of our business partners in Tokyo, so I think this feature could really come in handy.
Powerful, adaptable sound for music and podcasts
The winged arc, curved design, and ear tips all work together to keep the Pixel Buds comfortable and secure
Vents on the earbud housing help keep you aware of your surroundings. Those powerful built-in mics can also pick-up and analyze external sounds. The Pixel Buds can automatically adjust the volume of what you're listening to, based on how loud or quiet it is around you.
Slim profile and secure, comfortable fit
Even though the Pixel Buds have larger drivers than most, they are designed to sit flush in most people's ears. You likely won't see them sticking out too far, if at all. And Google includes three sizes of soft ear tips to help you find a proper fit.
Google says their engineers scanned thousands of ears to help them come up with their "three point" anchor system that keeps the Pixel Buds stable and secure in your ear. Along with the ear tip itself, a winged arc at the top and a special curved design at the bottom help keep the sweatproof earbuds in place while you move.
A carrying case that's compatible with Qi wireless charging systems
The Pixel Buds offer about five hours of music listening on a full charge. And they come with a compact carrying case that banks 24 hours of power to recharge the Buds. Rather than plugging that case into the wall, you can simply place it in on a compatible Qi charger (not included) to refresh the charge wirelessly. An LED light will indicate the case is charging.
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening and phone calls
- compatible with Android, iOS®, or any device running Bluetooth 4.0 and above
- wireless range up to 100 yards in outdoor, obstruction-free settings
- no connecting cord between left and right earbud
- IPX4 sweat- and splash-resistant
- 12mm dynamic drivers deliver clear sound for music, podcasts, and calls
- dual beam-forming microphones with voice recognition for calls and Google Assistant
Special functionality with Android devices:
- hands-free voice control with the Google Assistant
- use the "Hey Google" to start a voice-activated command (after one-time setup)
- ask questions, dictate texts, and control music by voice
- requires an Assistant-enabled device with internet access running Android 6.0 or above
- easy, one-tap pairing with Google Pixel phone
- use Google's "find my device" feature to track down lost earbuds
- works with compatible Android phones connected via Fast Pair with location history enabled
- "Adaptive Sound" feature automatically adjusts volume according to level of external noise
- Google translate offers real-time translation for over 35 languages
- includes 3 sizes of soft silicone ear tips for a secure, comfortable fit
- winged tips and curved design help keep earbuds stable while you move
- control music, volume, and phone calls by tapping and swiping either earbud
- sensors automatically stop music in either earbud when removed
- earbuds can be used one at a time or as a pair
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer up to 5 hours of listening
- included carrying case banks up to 24 hours of power to recharge earbud
- wireless charging available with compatible Qi chargers (not included)
- USB-A to USB-C cable included for charging case
- weight: 0.37 ounces (both)
- warranty: 1 year
Warranty & Support:
You may return any new hardware purchased from Kastoff.store that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Kastoff.store reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned hardware that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Kastoff.store will not accept returns of any hardware more than 30 days after you receive the shipment.